Markets Data Insight Lead – Market Operations (London, GB, SE1 2AF)
EY özgü a powerful brand in the UK and Ireland and already özgü the highest favourability in the professional services market. This is a pivotal and exciting moment for the brand, as we are seeking to capitalise on our strong foundations with a revitalised markets strategy that will turbo charge our growth in the region and set us apart as the most distinctive and trusted professional services firm.
In order to succeed, UK&I Markets are exploring how they can deliver value and insights for EY, their clients, and prospective clients, from more effectively using data. One of the key next steps is to build out the data insights vision and strategy and then begin to deliver on this.
The Data Insights Lead is a new position that will be critical to our success. The role will be working with UK&I Markets leadership to ensure that data and analytics-driven insights are used in strategic and operational decision-making across the firm. Working within the Tech and Analytics team, you will lead strategic collaborations with the wider Markets teams to provide innovative, data-driven perspectives on key business questions, helping to frame the narratives that will ultimately guide how investments are made across our business.
Your key responsibilities
You will develop strategic relationships with our key internal business stakeholders across EY’s UK&I Markets leadership team.
Through these relationships, you will cultivate and manage an evolving range of analyses, including but not limited to:
• Portfolio reviews, working with leadership to understand the business questions they are trying to answer for their portfolio and providing the regular insights required to answer these.
• Performance and Return on investment analysis to help EY leadership make data led decisions on key initiatives across the business as they evolve.
• Growth opportunity analysis to help unearth areas of opportunity for revenue and margin growth.
• Collaborate with our reporting teams on best practice design of regular reporting dashboard and visualisations.
The role would suit a data and insight savvy professional with deep experience of the technical aspects of turning data into insight. It will also require strong stakeholder management capabilities, to ensure that insights and implications are understood, to generate constructive conversations.
As this is a new role, the holder would need to be confident working within a complex firm to establish new systems and ways of working, and to build strong relationships to ensure that maximum impact.
The role would sit in UKI Markets, which is at the heart of EY’s ambitious growth strategy and includes of Sales, Market Operations and Brand, Pazarlama and Communication (BMC) teams. The team is responsible for working with our clients and EY colleagues to maintain and improve EY’s brand and develop new and innovative ways of addressing and connecting with client issues.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Gather requirements from key business stakeholders – networking across the business, and then being able to ask the right questions to gain a deep understanding of the challenges they face, anticipating how analytics can add value for them now and into the future.
- Develop innovative solutions to these stakeholder requirements – be able to work with complex data to devise robust non-standard methodologies to answer the necessary business questions as they arise.
- Use analytics to effectively challenge the status quo when required and exert positive influence amongst stakeholders to impact how the business operates.
- Proactively identify opportunities for our stakeholders to make better use of data & analytics, anticipating their needs based on your understanding of their business.
- Understand and lead on knowing how best to visualise data and present messages to create compelling deliverables (e.g. presentations, dashboards) that communicate key insights and recommendations appropriate to their audiences.
- Join the dots with the broader analytics team where there is opportunity to turn ad-hoc deliverables into centralised analytics products that we can scale regionally within EY.
Skills and attributes for success
- Significant experience in relevant roles, including in data insight / analytics roles.
- An excellent track record in developing trusted relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Experience in data storytelling, especially for non-technical audiences.
- The ability to determine, explain, and produce the appropriate visualization to illustrate a key insight.
- Experience in devising/employing the right analytics methodologies for the business question being asked to inform better business decisions.
- Experience using relational databases to manage and manipulate data for analysis.
- Strong practical experience of writing code to bring together and interrogate multiple sources of data to produce outputs for analysis (SQL Server, Alteryx, MS Excel and VBA).
- Experience in at least one data visualization app e.g. Power BI, Tableau, Spotfire.
- Experience developing statistical models using R or Python.
- Experience in applying various analytical techniques to calculate problems such as predictive forecasting and prescriptive action.
No direct supervision responsibilities initially, but potential to develop these over time.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Demonstratable experience in relevant roles, including significant (5+ years) experience in hand on data insight / analytics roles in a complex organisation.
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Experience in a professional services organisation with complex matrix structure.
• Experience in a cross-service line or cross functional capacity.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learnin You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.